[ofa-general] libibcm compatability problem

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri May 18 08:55:49 PDT 2007

> Also I see that the function ib_cm_get_device has been removed. I was
> using this to monitor the file desriptor of the CM device. Could this
> function be put back into my local copy of libibcm or has this function
> been moved somewhere else in the code?

The fd is exposed directly by walking ib_cm_id->device->fd.

Btw, to respond to you other email, converting from the ib_cm to the
rdma_cm shouldn't be overly difficult.  You get fewer CM related events,
QP transitions done for you, use of actual path records, and the ability
to reference nodes using an IP address.  There are some example programs
in the librdmacm/example directory if you want to take a quick look at
what the code would look like.  The IB device is acquired dynamically
though, so depending on how you allocate resources in your code, you may
need some rework in this area.