[ofa-general] libibverbs autogen failures in ubuntu dapper

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue May 29 02:15:43 PDT 2007

Attempt to run autogen.sh on an ubuntu dapper laptop gave me this:

aclocal -I config
+ libtoolize --force --copy
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
+ autoheader
+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
automake: Makefile.am: `src/libibverbs.la' is not a standard libtool library name
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/cmd.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/compat-1_0.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/device.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/init.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/marshall.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/memory.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/sysfs.c' is in subdirectory
automake: Makefile.am: not supported: source file `src/verbs.c' is in subdirectory
Bareword found where operator expected at (eval 336) line 1, near
"s/\@LTLIBRARY\@/src/libibverbs"

and it fails to produce a working build:
./configure
make
mst at mst-lt:~/scm/libibverbs$ make
Makefile:343: warning: overriding commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:339: warning: ignoring old commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:347: warning: overriding commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:343: warning: ignoring old commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:351: warning: overriding commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:347: warning: ignoring old commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:355: warning: overriding commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:351: warning: ignoring old commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:359: warning: overriding commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:355: warning: ignoring old commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:363: warning: overriding commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
Makefile:359: warning: ignoring old commands for target `@PROGRAM@'
make: *** No rule to make target `src/libibverbs.la', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

I think this worked at some point - any idea what's wrong now?

--
MST