[ofa-general] iWARP issues

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Nov 1 15:26:56 PDT 2007

 > - iWARP Support for Peer-to-Peer Applications, this is CM
 > interoperability issue

I guess the relevant people will be there from the RNIC vendors, but
this seems more like an IETF/rdma consortium issue to me.

 > - iWARP + TCP host stack port space sharing (required by IETF iSER
 > spec.)

Maybe we can try to brainstorm for alternate solutions, but it seems
we are missing all the key stakeholders from the Linux networking
side to really resolve this.

 > - missing verbs (IB-only, iWARP-only, and iWARP-nonstandard),
 >  for example FMR, send with invalidate. (I recall that complete list was
 > flash out
 >  a year ago)
 > (ULP changes to take advantage of these verbs: e.g. NFS-RDMA, iSER).

I haven't seen any discussion of this yet.  Is it really worth taking
up face-to-face time on this?  It seems like it should all be pretty
straightforward, and even if it isn't, we haven't spent the time to
figure out what the not straightforward parts are yet.

 > - RDMA connection timeout; expand RDMA_CM API to support timeout
 > paramater (not iWARP specific)

Again, I haven't seen any discussion yet, so it doesn't seem worth
taking up face-to-face-time until we know what the sticking points are.

 - R.