[ofa-general] iWARP issues

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Fri Nov 2 07:33:07 PDT 2007

inline.

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance Inc.               phone: 781-768-5395
1601 Trapelo Rd. - Suite 16.        Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451                   central phone: 781-768-5300

That is why I think we need planery time.
We are between 2 rocks.
IETF spec defines iSER protocol which requires features which Linux net
guys
do not want to see.
Do we want to proposed a change to IETF now?
Last thing we want to get into is interop issues between different Oses.

> >- RDMA connection timeout; expand RDMA_CM API to support timeout
> >paramater (not iWARP specific)
>
> I'm working on adding a timeout to rdma_connect() now.  I'm
> trying to decide if there should be a single timeout
> parameter, or timeout and retry values.

Thank you.