[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** Re: MTHCA driver from OFED 1.3a package

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Sat Nov 24 14:31:17 PST 2007

Roland,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 01:47:07PM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Maybe the patch to try to enable MSI-X by default (which went in after
> 2.6.23 I think) is causing problems, although it looks like you are
> not on the MSI-X path.  (Or were there other mthca messages too?)
>
> What kernel are you running in dom0?  Is the change from OFED 1.2 to
> 1.3a the only difference between the working and non-working cases, or
> did you change anything else in your setup?

I've already resolved this issue. For some reason, kernel drivers (2.6.18)
works correctly under Xen Dom0. I was confused about OFED 1.2 which works but
it contained patch to work under Xen. After applying similar patch to the OFED
1.3a, it works now as well.

There is still outstanding problem discussed in July (if you remember)
regarding wrong usage of DMA API and assumption of coherent mapping - pages
returned by kernel allocator do not form contiguos area under Xen (with vanila
kernel it is mostly contiguous but it is not guaranteed).

I hoped that driver evolved in this case. You disagreed to use coherent
allocator instead of standard. Did you do any progress?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek