[ofa-general] MT25418

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Thu Nov 29 09:45:21 PST 2007

Hello Roland,

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 00:28:08 Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > Yes exactly and reproducable on all 6 nodes with connectX presently here
>  > in our test lab.
>  > Just by accident I first always had connected port 2. Shortly before I
>  > already thought it doesn't work at all, I tried the other port...
>
> Sorry for the slow reply.  I just swapped cables on one of my test

thanks for your help and thanks a lot for testing it yourself. No problem it
took some time, we are presently also fighting a countless number of hardware
and software bugs. This dual port problem actually has a low priority.

> systems, and IPoIB works fine for me on port 2 of my ConnectX HCA.
> This is with the kernel around 2.6.24-rc1 that happens to be running
> there.  So I'm not sure what's different about your system.
>
> I would suggest raising this with your HCA vendor since perhaps you
> have a bad batch of HCAs or old firmware or something.

So we know its either a problem with 2.6.22 or a hardware problem. I will test
2.6.24-rc1 during the next days and keep you posted.

Thanks again,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert