[ofa-general] ConnectX problems on Sles10sp1

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Oct 18 20:30:53 PDT 2007

 > There are no kernel messages at all.

not even stuff like the following?

    mlx4_core: Mellanox ConnectX core driver v0.01 (May 1, 2007)
    mlx4_core: Initializing 0000:0d:00.0

if not then you have some problem with your kernel/driver build.

You could also set debug_level=1 in your mlx4_core module options and
see if that produces any information.

But in the end I'm pretty sure you're just going to get a message from
the driver confirming that the installed firmware has an unsupported
command interface version.

 > The other vexing issue really is that I need the device to be
 > available (if recollect I need the PSID for example to download the
 > firmware for the correct adapter) to update the firmware, at least
 > if I were to use mstflint. Any ways around that?

I'm sure you can use mstflint without the driver loaded by specifying
the PCI bus/device number, although I don't know the details (it
should be described in the README).  Also tvflash will work in that
situation too (latest git tree should be able to burn Hermon
firmware).

 - R.