[ofa-general] Re: [query] Multi path discovery in openSM

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 24 00:05:01 PDT 2007

OpenSM will always use min-hop paths (no matter what routing algorithm
except maybe for LASH).
If you use the default algorithms OpenSM will tend to spread traffic
such that if you have used LMC=1 (2 LIDs per port)
The two paths going to LID0 and LID1 will go through different systems
or if not possible through different nodes.

EZ

Eitan Zahavi
Senior Engineering Director, Software Architect
Mellanox Technologies LTD
Tel:+972-4-9097208
Fax:+972-4-9593245
P.O. Box 586 Yokneam 20692 ISRAEL