[ofa-general] Re: [query] Multi path discovery in openSM

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Sep 24 05:58:34 PDT 2007

On 09:05 Mon 24 Sep     , Eitan Zahavi wrote:
> OpenSM will always use min-hop paths (no matter what routing algorithm

I would clarify here - For LMC > 0 OpenSM will choose different paths
between _discovered_ shortest paths. For min-hop algorithm those
shortest paths are real min-hops paths. For Up/Down it is min-hop paths
which satisfies Up/Down constraint.

> except maybe for LASH).

For LASH too (LASH is abbreviation of "LAyered SHortest paths"). There
a different layers (VLs in case of IB) are used for credit loops
resolution. However current LASH implementation does not support LMC > 0.

Sasha