[ofa-general] ofed works on kernels with 64Kbyte pages?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Apr 4 14:03:55 PDT 2008

 > I know it's a long shot, but has anyone tried using OFED on
 > a kernel with 64Kbyte pages?
 >
 > SGI would like to support that, but I've gotten reports that
 > something is not working (e.g., "ib_rdma_bw" doesn't work on
 > an ia64 kernel with 64Kb pages). This is with the mthca driver,
 > fwiw.
 >
 > Unfortunately a conspiracy of h/w prevents me from reproducing
 > this right now, so I don't have more details. But I'd be very
 > curious to know if anyone can verify that OFED does/doesn't
 > work with 64Kbyte pages.

I don't know about OFED, but I've tried various things on 64KB PAGE_SIZE
systems and it seems to work.  It wouldn't surprise me if there are
issues since the drivers and firmware gets a lot less testing in such
situations but it "should work" -- I'd be happy to help debug if anyone
has concrete problems.

 - R.