[ofa-general] XmtDiscards

Boris Shpolyansky boris at mellanox.com
Fri Apr 4 15:28:46 PDT 2008

Hi Bernd,

You can configure the HOQ (Head-Of-Queue-Lifetime) value programmed in
any switch in the fabric managed by OpenSM following these simple steps:

1. Stop the SM
/etc/init.d/opensmd stop

2. Run the SM manually with the "-c" option (to dump its default
configuration to a file)
opensm -c

3. Kill the SM with ^C

4. The configuration is saved in /var/cache/opensm/opensm.opts. Open the
file and look for head_of_queue_lifetime. Change the value and save the
file.

5. Restart the SM
/etc/init.d/opensmd start

P.S. You might find 'opensm -h' and 'man opensm' useful.

Hope this helps,

Boris Shpolyansky
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Applications