[ofa-general] XmtDiscards

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Fri Apr 4 16:21:11 PDT 2008

Hello Boris,

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 03:28:46PM -0700, Boris Shpolyansky wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> You can configure the HOQ (Head-Of-Queue-Lifetime) value programmed in
> any switch in the fabric managed by OpenSM following these simple steps:
>
> 1. Stop the SM
> /etc/init.d/opensmd stop
>
> 2. Run the SM manually with the "-c" option (to dump its default
> configuration to a file)
> opensm -c
>
> 3. Kill the SM with ^C
>
> 4. The configuration is saved in /var/cache/opensm/opensm.opts. Open the
> file and look for head_of_queue_lifetime. Change the value and save the
> file.
>
> 5. Restart the SM
> /etc/init.d/opensmd start

thanks a lot for your help. This did help quite a lot.

> P.S. You might find 'opensm -h' and 'man opensm' useful.

Sorry about my dumb question, I did read the man page of opensm quite often
already, but "--cache-options" and "OSM_CACHE_DIR" did activate my
brain-internal filter to entirely skip this part of the man page ;)
Somehow I associated "cache" with "opensm-performance", but not at all with
options...

Thanks again,
Bernd