[ofa-general] About RDMA_CM_EVENT_DEVICE_REMOVAL

Erez Zilber erezz at Voltaire.COM
Mon Apr 7 07:35:39 PDT 2008

Sean,

I'm trying to add a better implementation to this event in iSER (better
than the current BUG() call that we have). I have 2 questions:

   1. Is this event raised for each connection?
   2. After the event is raised, I guess that I need to release all IB
      resources for that connection, right? If you take a look at
      iser_free_ib_conn_res() (in ulp/iser/iser_verbs.c), you can see
      that we call rdma_destroy_id. This call never returns. Should I
      call rdma_destroy_id while handling RDMA_CM_EVENT_DEVICE_REMOVAL?

Thanks,
Erez