[ofa-general] About RDMA_CM_EVENT_DEVICE_REMOVAL

Erez Zilber erezz at Voltaire.COM
Mon Apr 7 07:53:32 PDT 2008

Erez Zilber wrote:
> Sean,
>
> I'm trying to add a better implementation to this event in iSER (better
> than the current BUG() call that we have). I have 2 questions:
>
>    1. Is this event raised for each connection?
>    2. After the event is raised, I guess that I need to release all IB
>       resources for that connection, right? If you take a look at
>       iser_free_ib_conn_res() (in ulp/iser/iser_verbs.c), you can see
>       that we call rdma_destroy_id. This call never returns. Should I
>       call rdma_destroy_id while handling RDMA_CM_EVENT_DEVICE_REMOVAL?

I read some of the cma code, and I see that cma_process_remove calls
rdma_destroy_id itself if iser_cma_handler returns a non-zero value.
Why? Currently, iser_cma_handler returns 0 (success), so rdma_destroy_id
is never called...

Erez