[ofa-general] About RDMA_CM_EVENT_DEVICE_REMOVAL

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:39:00 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Erez Zilber <erezz at voltaire.com> wrote:

>    1. Is this event raised for each connection?

per rdma cm id which is bounded to device, which is the initiator case
is per connection

>    2. After the event is raised, I guess that I need to release all IB
>       resources for that connection, right? If you take a look at
>       iser_free_ib_conn_res() (in ulp/iser/iser_verbs.c), you can see
>       that we call rdma_destroy_id. This call never returns. Should I
>       call rdma_destroy_id while handling RDMA_CM_EVENT_DEVICE_REMOVAL?

you are not allowed to call rdma_destroy_id from the context of your
callback... this is documented in the rdma-cm .h file, just
return non zero from the callback if you want the rdma cm to destroy
the id for you...

Or