[ofa-general] no kernel_patches/backport/2.6.5_sles9_sp3

Diego Guella diego.guella at sircomtech.com
Thu Apr 10 23:38:19 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tziporet Koren"
> Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 15:51 -0700, Tziporet Koren wrote:
>>
>>> OFED 1.3 does not supports SLES9
>>> If you need this OS you can use OFED 1.2.5.5
>>>

>> That's fair enough.  But why not have the configuration process actually
>> stop an announce when it detects that it's operating on an unsupported
>> platform?
>>

> You are right,
> Vlad - can you fix it
>
> Tziporet

I think it would be better to print a warning, and ask the user if the process should continue or not.
In the past I installed OFED 1.0 on Suse Linux 9.3 Professional (an unsupported operating system), and the only change I done was to
the installation script, to make it recognize SL 9.3Pro as SLES.
OFED 1.0 (opensm, ipoib, SDP, verbs) then ran without problems.

Actually, it would be much better if the config process stops, prints a warning, print a list of supported operating systems, and
then let the user choose which operating system should OFED be compiled for.

Diego