[ofa-general] install.sh question

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sat Apr 26 23:35:45 PDT 2008

Frank Leers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be able to use the provided install.sh from cluster nodes to
> install from a build which is shared over nfs, while utilizing an
> ofed_net.conf  The Install Guide talks about this, but I must be missing
> something in the detail.
>
> Is there a way to not check if a build needs to be (re)done and simply
> install the rpm's that were created during the original build, then
> create the ifcfg-ib? devices based on the template file passed in with
> -net <ofed_net.conf> ?  I prefer not to have kernel sources, compiler,
> etc. on these compute nodes, nor should I have to recompile for each
> homogeneous node.
>
> thanks,
>
> -frank

Hi Frank,
install.sh checks if there are binary RPMS for all selected packages under OFED-x.x.x/RPMS directory.
If you have created binary RPMs on one of the nodes (by install.sh script), then make sure that the OFED-x.x.x/ofed.conf file includes only these packages.
Then run on all cluster nodes (no kernel sources, compilers, ... required on these nodes):
 > ./install.sh -c ofed.conf -net ofed_net.conf

Note: If there are no RPMs for one or more of the packages selected (package_name=y)in the ofed.conf file then install.sh will run the RPM build process.

Regards,
Vladimir