[ofa-general] install.sh question

DK Smith dks at mediaweb.com
Mon Apr 28 15:43:02 PDT 2008

> Hi Frank,
> install.sh checks if there are binary RPMS for all selected packages
> under OFED-x.x.x/RPMS directory.
> If you have created binary RPMs on one of the nodes (by install.sh
> script), then make sure that the OFED-x.x.x/ofed.conf file includes only
> these packages.
> Then run on all cluster nodes (no kernel sources, compilers, ...
> required on these nodes):
>> ./install.sh -c ofed.conf -net ofed_net.conf
>
> Note: If there are no RPMs for one or more of the packages selected
> (package_name=y)in the ofed.conf file then install.sh will run the RPM
> build process.
>
> Regards,
> Vladimir

Is the NEW & IMPROVED installer, install.pl, a drop in replacement for
build.sh?

I recently wrote a set of build scripts that are used to build a
distribution (kernel + modules + root file system) for deployment
elsewhere. (i.e. a non-native build of everything including OFED).

In the OFED 1.2 installer, I used this method of invocation:

/build.sh -c

wherein, build.sh locates the config file, "ofed.conf" in the same
directory. That worked.

The statement about "run on all cluster nodes" appears to indicate a
non-native build is no-longer possible.

Cheers,
DK