[ofa-general] install.sh question

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 29 04:39:16 PDT 2008

DK Smith wrote:

> Is the NEW & IMPROVED installer, install.pl, a drop in replacement for
> build.sh?
>
> I recently wrote a set of build scripts that are used to build a
> distribution (kernel + modules + root file system) for deployment
> elsewhere. (i.e. a non-native build of everything including OFED).
>
> In the OFED 1.2 installer, I used this method of invocation:
>
> /build.sh -c
>
> wherein, build.sh locates the config file, "ofed.conf" in the same
> directory. That worked.
>
> The statement about "run on all cluster nodes" appears to indicate a
> non-native build is no-longer possible.

The build.sh was removed from OFED 1.3 and it is explianed in the RN:
    2.2 Package and install
        o There is a new install script. See OFED_Installation_Guide.txt for
          more details on the new installation and build procedures.
        o User space packages are now in different source RPMs (as
opposed to
          one source RPM in previous OFED releases).
        o The option for a build without installing is not supported any
more.
        o Added the script make-dist to generate tarball with kernel sources
          for each kernel.

Tziporet