[ofa-general] Re: [IBSIM] Parse sim cmds by name not first character

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Aug 18 15:22:06 PDT 2008

On 14:27 Mon 18 Aug     , Al Chu wrote:

> Or do the existing test scripts only use the first character of the
> command?

Yes.

> If that's the case, then I guess we could program in single
> character commands to be legacy-special cases.

Why it should be special case? What is wrong with using partial command
names when resolving is simple?

> But we would require
> whitespace between the command and options for that to work.

This is fine.

What I meant is follow:

	unsigned cmd_len = 0;

	while (isalpha(line[cmd_len]))
		cmd_len++;

	if (!strncasecmp(line, "Dump", cmdlen))

In this case strings "D", "du", etc. will be resolved as "Dump" command.

Sasha