[ofa-general] Re: [IBSIM] Parse sim cmds by name not first character

Al Chu chu11 at llnl.gov
Mon Aug 18 15:50:03 PDT 2008

Hey Sasha,

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 01:22 +0300, Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 14:27 Mon 18 Aug     , Al Chu wrote:
> >
> > Or do the existing test scripts only use the first character of the
> > command?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If that's the case, then I guess we could program in single
> > character commands to be legacy-special cases.
>
> Why it should be special case? What is wrong with using partial command
> names when resolving is simple?

The reason is that the ordering of the if statements now matters.  If I
add a new command called "DoSomething", it must come after the "Dump"
comparison, otherwise the command "D" could take the "DoSomething"
branch.  We can add a comments or something to document this.  It's
obviously just a style difference.

> > But we would require
> > whitespace between the command and options for that to work.
>
> This is fine.
>
> What I meant is follow:
>
> 	unsigned cmd_len = 0;
>
> 	while (isalpha(line[cmd_len]))
> 		cmd_len++;
>
> 	if (!strncasecmp(line, "Dump", cmdlen))
>
> In this case strings "D", "du", etc. will be resolved as "Dump" command.

Ok.  I see what you were thinking now.

Al

--
Albert Chu