[ofa-general] Querying paths on fabrics that don't have Ipoib

Mike Heinz michael.heinz at qlogic.com
Tue Dec 2 11:43:19 PST 2008

I'm trying to develop a user-land test app to exercise the SM on large
fabrics. I don't actually have 4000 machines laying around, so I'm using
a simulator to create a virtual fabric. Because of this, there are no
real ULPs running on the fabric, just a bunch of virtual "HCAs" and
"Switches" that the SM can see.

Unfortunately, I'm running into a wall, because the rdma_cm requires
IPOIB addresses to resolve paths, but the simulator cannot accommodate
IPOIB.

Is there an API for either the ibcm or the rdmacm that lets me resolve
to a path without IPOIB? I know I can accomplish this by doing sa
queries by hand, but part of this effort is to evaluate the effect of
the caching features in ib_sa, and those seem to work only with the cm
modules and ipoib.

Thanks in advance...

--
Michael Heinz