[ofa-general] RE: Querying paths on fabrics that don't have Ipoib

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Dec 2 12:38:44 PST 2008

>Is there an API for either the ibcm or the rdmacm that lets me resolve
>to a path without IPOIB? I know I can accomplish this by doing sa
>queries by hand, but part of this effort is to evaluate the effect of
>the caching features in ib_sa, and those seem to work only with the cm
>modules and ipoib.

There is not a supported API for what you are trying to do.

There is a very old libibsa library and supporting kernel module that I created
for the labs a couple of years ago that may help, but I do not know how much
effort it would take to get it running again.  Plus, it would need to be
modified to support PR queries.  If interested, see my rdma-dev.git (user_sa
branch) and libibsa.git trees.

You could also try modifying the rdma_cm code, so that rdma_resolve_addr() takes
a DGID directly to avoid IP to GID mappings.  The GID could be passed as an IPv6
address, with some sort of indication that it really is a GID (different address
family, for example).