[ofa-general] Automation Test Tool of OFED and opensm

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 06:37:36 PST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 2:35 AM, Wen Hao Wang <wangwhao at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Is there any test or diagnostic tool, especially automation test tool to
> check the functions of OFED and opensm? The only thing here I know is
> infiniband-diags and libibverbs-utils.

In terms of OpenSM, there is osmtest. Also, ibsim and ibmgtsim (in
ibutils) might help simulations of various subnet topologies. In terms
of additional diagnostics, there is ibutils (ibdiagnet).

There are also a number of examples in the various OFED packages which
can be used for regression of those components.

As far as an automation harness/test tool goes, I believe some vendors
have worked on this but to the best of my knowledge none of this has
been open sourced.

-- Hal