[ofa-general] Automation Test Tool of OFED and opensm

Wen Hao Wang wangwhao at cn.ibm.com
Fri Dec 5 15:57:50 PST 2008

Tel: 86-10-82451055
Fax: 86-10-82782244 ext. 2312
Address: 1/F, IBM ZGC Campus. Ring Building 28,ZhongGuanCun Software
Park,No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing, 100193,
P.R.China

"Hal Rosenstock" <hal.rosenstock at gmail.com> 写于 2008-12-05 22:37:36:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 2:35 AM, Wen Hao Wang <wangwhao at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > Is there any test or diagnostic tool, especially automation test tool
> > check the functions of OFED and opensm? The only thing here I know is
> > infiniband-diags and libibverbs-utils.
>
> In terms of OpenSM, there is osmtest. Also, ibsim and ibmgtsim (in
> ibutils) might help simulations of various subnet topologies. In terms
> of additional diagnostics, there is ibutils (ibdiagnet).

OK. I know osmtest, but not ibsim/ibmgtsim. Will check them.:

> There are also a number of examples in the various OFED packages which
> can be used for regression of those components.

Would you point our one or two these examples for my reference?

> As far as an automation harness/test tool goes, I believe some vendors
> have worked on this but to the best of my knowledge none of this has
> been open sourced.

Thanks a lot! You feedback is really helpful.

Wen Hao Wang!
wangwhao at cn.ibm.com