[ofa-general] ipoib device not loading?

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 12 11:29:17 PST 2008

Ah.. thanks.  (when I installed, I just told it to install all)

[root at host jenos]# modprobe ib_ipoib
FATAL: Error inserting ib_ipoib
(/lib/modules/2.6.27.5-41.fc9.x86_64/updates/kernel/drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ib_ipoib.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Then dmesg shows this line:
ib_ipoib: Unknown symbol icmpv6_send

I have IPv6 disabled on this host for other reasons.  Perhaps that's
causing the problem?  If so, is there a way to build w/o IPv6 requirements?
thx-

    Jeremy