[ofa-general] [NFS/RDMA] Can't mount NFS/RDMA partition

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Wed Dec 17 07:07:37 PST 2008

At 10:01 AM 12/17/2008, Talpey, Thomas wrote:
>At 07:56 AM 12/17/2008, Celine Bourde wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I can't mount an NFS/RDMA partition.
>>
>>I've applied
>>http://www.openfabrics.org//downloads/OFED/ofed-1.4/OFED-1.4-docs/nfs-
>>rdma.release-notes.txt
>>instructions.
>
>Do you really need to run OFED? Since 2.6.24, stock kernel.org supports
>the NFS/RDMA client, and since 2.6.25 the server is as well. Fedora 9 and
>Fedora 10 both support NFS/RDMA and IB, for example.

Wait a sec - you are running 2.6.27! You should not install OFED, everything
you need is already in the kernel.

>>My configuration is :
>>kernel : 2.6.27 with NFS options
>>last stable OFED 1.4

So my suggestion is, just run the stock kernel. Please post your
results - it should work fine. There are some improvements to NFS/RDMA
coming in 2.6.28, btw, especially if you want to run over iWARP
since the "frmr" memory registration will be supported. These are
all present in 2.6.28-rc1 thrugh current -rc8.
Tom.