[ofa-general] debian build instructions?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Jul 11 12:11:09 PDT 2008

 > There seem to be a lot of people on this list. Is there
 > no one working with debian that might be able to
 > give a pointer?

I use Debian for pretty much all my development.  However I haven't
tried to use OFED -- rather, I have just gotten all the support that I
use into the main Debian archive.  I'm not sure how much is in Etch but
Lenny should be pretty good: there are libibverbs, librdmacm, libmthca,
libmlx4, libcxgb3, and libipathverbs packages in the main archive, along
with Open MPI 1.2.6 built with IB support.  And the 2.6.25 kernel in the
archive should have all the kernel drivers you need.

I'd be curious to know if there is something else you would need to use
a stock Debian install.

 - R.