[ofa-general] Direct / "Crossover" IPOIB

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 02:31:35 PDT 2008

Thanks Or,

I have installed and run opensm on one of the machines, I can now move
traffic between them.

Pings show a latency og 0.07-0.09ms which seems OK.

Qperf shows abysmal results in connected mode though:
[root at mrhappy OFED-1.3.1]# qperf 192.168.10.161 tcp_bw tcp_lat
tcp_bw:
    bw  =  32.8 KB/sec
tcp_lat:
    latency  =  42.2 us

Datagram mode shows better bandwidth but still awful latency:
[root at mrtickle OFED-1.3.1]# qperf 192.168.10.160 tcp_bw tcp_lat
tcp_bw:
    bw  =  400 MB/sec
tcp_lat:
    latency  =  41.2 us

Is there something wrong with my setup? (QPerf seems to think so)

Thanks,

Rob