[ofa-general] Direct / "Crossover" IPOIB

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 04:40:31 PDT 2008

Just a general question and I apologise if my questions seem simplistic.

I have played with the larger MTU settings in connected mode (32768
seems to work well) and now have some much better results. What kind of
bandwidth do other users see with TCP on qperf?

I will try with different PCI latencies set in the bios but are there
any other tweaks I should look at?

Config:
Tyan S4989 Quad Opteron
Opteron 8350
16Gb Ram
Mellanox 20Gb PCIE-X8 card
Direct Connect to identical system
Centos 5.2 & OFED 1.3.1

Results:
[root at mrtickle device]# qperf 192.168.10.160 tcp_bw tcp_lat
tcp_bw:
    bw  =  671 MB/sec
tcp_lat:
    latency  =  31.1 us

[root at mrtickle device]# qperf 192.168.10.160 rc_bi_bw
rc_bi_bw:
    bw  =  1.71 GB/sec