[ofa-general] RDMA IOV segment limit is always zero?

Chuck Hartley hartlch14 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 08:53:15 PDT 2008

When I call dat_ep_query(), the max IOV segments for RDMA read/write always
is returned as zero.  I tried it on a couple different adapters (Mellanox
26428  and 25204). Does the value zero mean something else, like
"unlimited"? I'm using DAT 2.0 and the code looks like this:

    DAT_EP_PARAM ep_p;
    memset(&ep_p, 0, sizeof(ep_p));

    DAT_RETURN ret = dat_ep_query (h_ep, DAT_EP_FIELD_ALL, &ep_p);

And here is what I get:

EP attributes:
        IA_handle: 0x634160
        EP state: DAT_EP_STATE_UNCONNECTED
        Local IA address: 0x6393b0
        Local port qualifier: 43973
        Remote IA address: 0x635be0
        Remote port qualifier: 0
        PZ handle: 0x634670
        Receive EVD handle: 0x635710
        Request EVD handle: 0x635040
        Connect EVD handle: 0x634bc0
        SRQ handle: (nil)
        Service type: DAT_SERVICE_TYPE_RC
        Max message size: 65536
        Max RDMA size: 65536
        QOS: DAT_QOS_BEST_EFFORT
        Receive completion flags: DAT_COMPLETION_DEFAULT_FLAG
        Request completion flags: DAT_COMPLETION_DEFAULT_FLAG
        Max recv DTOs per SRQ: 6
        Max request DTOs per SRQ: 7
        Max recv IOV: 4
        Max request IOV: 4
        Max RDMA read in: 4
        Max RDMA read out: 4
        SRQ soft highwater: -1
        Max IOV segments per RDMA read: 0
        Max IOV segments per RDMA write: 0
        Num transport attr: 0
        Num provider attr: 0

Is there some utility to look at HCA parameters?

Thanks,
Chuck