[ofa-general] RDMA IOV segment limit is always zero?

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Tue Jul 29 09:43:38 PDT 2008

________________________________

	From: general-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org
[mailto:general-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Chuck
Hartley
	Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:53 AM
	To: general at lists.openfabrics.org
	Subject: [ofa-general] RDMA IOV segment limit is always zero?

	When I call dat_ep_query(), the max IOV segments for RDMA
read/write always is returned as zero.  I tried it on a couple different
adapters (Mellanox 26428  and 25204). Does the value zero mean something
else, like "unlimited"? I'm using DAT 2.0 and the code looks like this:

	Which provder are you using? Is this the new socket cm provider?

	looks like the max_iov setting per rdma is not being set with
the new socket cm provider. I will fix this for OFED 1.4.

	You can get the device attributes with "ibv_devinfo -v"

	-arlin