[ofa-general] Re: [OpenSM] How to find active routing algorithm ?

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Wed Jun 18 04:17:14 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 16:07 +0530, Keshetti Mahesh wrote:
> >grep "tables configured on all switches" /var/log/opensm.log
> >You will see the routing name in the full message.
>
> I have mentioned this in my query also. But what if someone
> (working on some node[X] which is part of same subnet) who doesn't have
> access to the node/switch where OpenSM is running want to know the same ?
>
> It will be lot helpful if some one can make changes to 'sminfo' utility so
> that active routing algorithm information is also reported along with the
> existing output.

If that were to be done, it would need to be done via a vendor specific
SM query as there is no standard for IB routing algorithms or reporting
this to other nodes. It would not work with other SMs or prior OpenSMs.
Is this really needed over IB ? Isn't some remote access to the SM node
sufficient for this and then use one of the methods previously described
on the list ?

-- Hal