[ofa-general] Re: [OpenSM] How to find active routing algorithm ?

Keshetti Mahesh keshetti.mahesh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 04:27:45 PDT 2008

Thanks for your replies.

> If that were to be done, it would need to be done via a vendor specific
> SM query as there is no standard for IB routing algorithms or reporting
> this to other nodes. It would not work with other SMs or prior OpenSMs.
> Is this really needed over IB ? Isn't some remote access to the SM node
> sufficient for this and then use one of the methods previously described
> on the list ?

Yes, all the above methods are sufficient to find out the active
routing algorithm
if the user has the remote access to the SM node. But in our subnet, SM node
is also a compute node and when some user reserves that node for running jobs
no one else except 'root' is allowed to enter that node. There I am
facing the problem.

-Mahesh