[ofa-general] Re: RDMA_CM_EVENT_ADDR_CHANGE notification merge

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:09:59 PDT 2008

On 6/18/08, Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com> wrote:

> > Does the method I suggested of pulling some patches from Jeff's tree
> > over which my patches are dependent upon into the infiniband tree make
> sense to you?

no, I think the easiest thing to do is for me to ask Jeff to merge these
> patches through his
> tree.  We don't have anything else pending in my tree that's going to
> create a conflict if we do that, do we?

Generally speaking, yes, you can ask Jeff to pull them into his tree and
merge them from there.

But, we might have few more patches to the rdma-cm, eg something was sent
today (see "cma: add support for TIMEWAIT_EXIT event") and other things may
pop as well. So, can more patches for the rdma-cm be pushed from your tree
if we go this way or a conflict would be introduced? my preference is that
if its not too complicated for you to do this sync, you would merge the rdma
pieces.

Or.