[ofa-general] proper way to recover from poll CQ failed error

Murray Smigel murray at tradeworx.com
Thu Mar 13 07:36:38 PDT 2008

Dotan Barak wrote:

> Can you execute ibv_devinfo after you get this error?

murray at nasnu2:/usr/local/bin$ ./ibv_devinfo
hca_id: mlx4_0
        fw_ver:                         2.3.000
        node_guid:                      0002:c903:0000:c51c
        sys_image_guid:                 0002:c903:0000:c51f
        vendor_id:                      0x02c9
        vendor_part_id:                 25418
        hw_ver:                         0xA0
        board_id:                       MT_04A0120002
        phys_port_cnt:                  2
                port:   1
                        state:                  PORT_ACTIVE (4)
                        max_mtu:                2048 (4)
                        active_mtu:             2048 (4)
                        sm_lid:                 3
                        port_lid:               3
                        port_lmc:               0x00

                port:   2
                        state:                  PORT_DOWN (1)
                        max_mtu:                2048 (4)
                        active_mtu:             2048 (4)
                        sm_lid:                 0
                        port_lid:               0
                        port_lmc:               0x00

> (I'm trying to reproduce this error in our labs without any success so
> far).
>
> can you please send me the output of "uname -a" + "cat /proc/cpuinfo"

murray at nasnu2:~/tmp$ uname -a
Linux nasnu2 2.6.24infiniband #2 SMP Tue Mar 11 14:55:26 EDT 2008 x86_64
GNU/Linux

murray at nasnu2:~/tmp$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5130  @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 11
cpu MHz         : 1994.999
cache size      : 4096 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor
ds_cpl vmx tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr dca lahf_lm
bogomips        : 3992.98
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5130  @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 11
cpu MHz         : 1994.999
cache size      : 4096 KB
physical id     : 3
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor
ds_cpl vmx tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr dca lahf_lm
bogomips        : 3990.10
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5130  @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 11
cpu MHz         : 1994.999
cache size      : 4096 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor
ds_cpl vmx tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr dca lahf_lm
bogomips        : 3990.09
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

[...]