[ofa-general] max_mr limit

Rajouri Jammu rajouri.jammu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:50:57 PDT 2008

Hi,
Is there a way to tell the HCA driver to use more of the system memory as
context memory?
When I tried changing the module load parameters num_mpt and num_mtt I got
the following error.

kernel: ib_mthca 0000:01:00.0: Profile requires 0x8000000 bytes; won't fit
in 0x7a00000 bytes of context memory.
So it's currently using 128MB as context memory?

I'm using dual-port DDR memfree HCA.

Also, where can I set the module parameter overrides?

I added this line to /etc/init.d/openibd but that didn't make any
difference.
if [ "X${MTHCA_LOAD}" == "Xyes" ]; then
        #/sbin/modprobe ib_mthca  > /dev/null 2>&1
        /sbin/modprobe ib_mthca num_mpt=262144 num_mtt=2097152 > /dev/null
2>&1

The only way I could experiment was to disable openibd autostart and
manually run
modprobe ib_mtcha num_mpt=262144 num_mtt=2097152

Any info would be greatly appreciated.