[ofa-general] [infiniband-diags] specify -l(loop_ports) in ibclearerrors and ibclearcounters

Al Chu chu11 at llnl.gov
Thu Oct 9 09:17:39 PDT 2008

Hey Hal,

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 21:54 -0400, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Al Chu <chu11 at llnl.gov> wrote:
> > Hey Sasha,
> >
> > Specifies the -l option in these respective scripts when they call
> > perfquery to clear counters/errors.  This is the core of why I
> > implemented the -l option in perfquery.  These two tools were failing in
> > a chunk of our switches.
> >
> > Note that these scripts specify -R (reset only) for perfquery, so there
> > aren't any issues with multiple perfquery outputs that may need to be
> > parsed multiple times/differently.
>
> But this takes many more resets to work, right ? Why not have loop
> ports (for reset) only do this is all ports is not supported ?

Do you mean remove the --loop_ports option and loop the ports by default
even if AllPortSelect isn't supported?

I suppose that'd be fine.  The reason I added an option was I just
didn't want to change default behavior.  But if everyone is happy just
making it happen by default, I'm ok with that as well.

Al