[ofa-general] opensm as service - cfg files

Yevgeny Kliteynik kliteyn at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Oct 22 05:56:28 PDT 2008

Hi Sasha,

I was just trying to put some order in my head regarding
the use of opensm as service, and I have couple of questions.
Some of them might be dumb, so please bear with me... :)

1. OpenSM config file.
    Do we still need opensm/scripts/opensm.conf?
    I think it's not used any more.

2. From opensm/scripts/opensm.init.in:
       @sbindir@/opensm -B $OPTIONS > /dev/null
    Is someone setting the $OPTIONS variable? I think it was
    set in the config file in the past, but not now.

3. From opensm/scripts/redhat-opensm.init.in:
      CONFIG=@sysconfdir@/sysconfig/opensm.conf
      if [ -f $CONFIG ]; then
	 . $CONFIG
      fi

    From opensm/scripts/opensm.init.in:
      if [[ -s /etc/sysconfig/opensm ]]; then
          . /etc/sysconfig/opensm
      fi

    If it's not some naming convention, perhaps we should use
    opensm.conf in both cases?

4. Logrotate:
    opensm/scripts/opensm.spec.in installs logrotate file as follows:
       install -m 644 scripts/opensm.logrotate $etc/logrotate.d/opensm
    I may be off here, but should the installed file name be opensmd
    to match the service name?

-- Yevgeny