[ofa-general] opensm as service - cfg files

Al Chu chu11 at llnl.gov
Thu Oct 23 11:32:12 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 14:53 +0200, Philippe Gregoire wrote:
> Hi Yevgeny,
>
> Is it possible to write this service so it will be able to manage multiple instances of opensm on the same node, I mean start and stop all instances at the same time or separately.
> This will be very usefull when you have several Infiniband storage devices connected directly to one node,
> so you have to run several opensm -g guid processes on this node.
>
> It is authorized to have a service that understand parameters like:
> service start 0x8000010232
> or
> service start ddn12.conf

This doesn't sound like that bad of idea, although "what does the user
expect" is a concern.  My co-worker brought up the simple issue of the
log files.  Do you automatically pick a different log file to store to,
or does it store to the same log, or is it the user's responsibility to
pick a reasonable different log file name in the .conf file?  I have no
idea what other daemons/init scripts do.

Al