[ofa-general] Compiling source using Intel Compiler

David Dillow dillowda at ornl.gov
Thu Sep 4 14:01:51 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 16:50 -0400, Christopher Tanner wrote:
> > We don't have such library libimf.so. It is something from icc...
>
> Yes, it is something from icc. The limited support for this type of
> error states that I need to load a compiler module in order for OpenSM
> to find the library.
[snip]
> Nothing for a modprobe on *icc*. So, I'm stuck...

You shouldn't need a kernel module for this....

If you do 'locate libimf.so' what do you get? If you get a path to it,
try running openSM with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include that path, for
example:

$ locate libimf.so
/opt/icc/some/path/libimf.so
$ LD_LIBARY_PATH=/opt/icc/some/path /path/to/opensm options...

If that works, then odds are good you installed icc (or its support
libraries) incompletely -- are it's libraries installed in the correct
place (or listed in /etc/ld.so.conf or /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*)

If the path is listed in those places, did you run ldconfig as root
after the install?
--
Dave Dillow
National Center for Computational Science