[ofa-general] Compiling source using Intel Compiler

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Thu Sep 4 14:09:37 PDT 2008

> Isn't it a library, not a module ?

Yeah, which is why I'm really confused. Here's the link to the website
which says I need to load a module (it's around the middle of the way
down)
http://asci-training.lanl.gov/BProc/

> Shouldn't it be part of the icc install ?

Yup. The library exists and the path to it is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Again, confusion.

> Does the link below help ?

Yes, I've read this before. However, I've also read that a static
compilation won't work very well on a cluster, but I haven't tested it
out. Since I'm stuck, I'll try this out to see if it works.

Thanks Hal.

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology