[ofa-general] Compiled IB packages

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Tue Sep 9 11:53:39 PDT 2008

Thanks Vladimir - very helpful. However, I'm running into a problem
with compiling the ofa package. First, I had to specify the source
location on the command line (Ubuntu puts it in a different place than
RedHat or SUSE):

$ ./configure --kernel-sources=/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.24 ... (other
stuff)

I'm getting this error:

   ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.
          include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are
missing.
          Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.

This is confusing b/c both of those files exist.
$ locate autoconf.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic/include/linux/autoconf.h

$ locate auto.conf
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic/include/config/auto.conf

There's a whole bunch more errors that I assume spawn because of this
initial error. The output from 'make' is attached (it's pretty long).
Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology