[ofa-general] Re: 1.5 roadmap

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Apr 7 14:34:04 PDT 2009

from www.openfabrics.org/txt/woody/roadmap.txt [...]
> OFED 1.5
> Kernel base: 2.6.30
> Support for Mellanox vNIC (EoIB) and FCoIB with BridgeX device
> Support for Mellanox IB over Ethernet (TBD - under discussion)

None of these will be present in 2.6.30 - so as was agreed in all
the ofa f2f meetings over the last three years - I don't see how
they why they should land in 1.5

Also, isn't the IBoE (RoEE) mode of the IB stack be designed / implemented
in a vendor independent fashion? putting into a distro IB stack a
non-reviewed driver such as a vNIC is one thing, however putting a
non-reviewed RoEE patch set to the IB stack is a totally different game,
which I think should be rejected on the spot.

Or.