[ofa-general] Re: 1.5 roadmap

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Apr 7 15:42:43 PDT 2009

Or wrote,

>None of these will be present in 2.6.30 - so as was agreed in all
>the ofa f2f meetings over the last three years - I don't see how
>they why they should land in 1.5

I think that Mellanox has plans to submit their vNIC driver
for review prior to including it in OFED 1.5, as we agreed to
in the ftf meetings.  Not sure on the RDMA over ethernet driver.

Also, I think that what we agreed to was that code should be submitted
and reviewed and queued for upstream inclusion prior to being
accepted  into OFED. We did not say that it had to be in a
released kernel, say 2.6.30, but if it were queued in Roland's tree
for a future kernel, .eg., 2.6.31, then OFED would allow it.

At least that is the discussion I recall.

woody