[ofa-general] Probable bug in mlx4 driver

Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin devel-ofed at morey-chaisemartin.com
Fri Apr 17 02:26:32 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've been trying in the last days to get ofa_kernel 1.4.1 rc3 working with a 2.6.29 kernel (FC11-beta).
I picked some patch from Linus' tree so it works. While getting some updates on mlx4_enable_msi_x (which seems too big for regular 2.6.29 kernel stack), I think I found out a couple of errors.

I'm quite new to kernel programming so I may be wrong however, I'm pretty sure, entries should be freed.
I'm not sure if the second correction is necessary but it seems more coherent with the rest of the function and previous implementation.

This patch goes on Linus' tree (or ROland's Infiniband tree on kernel.org).

Moreover, I was wondering what are the differences between Infiniband in Linus' and in OFED's tree?
I'm a bit lost between all the backport / kernel patches plus git patches which are on one side but not the other...

Regards

Nicolas