[ofa-general] Probable bug in mlx4 driver

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 04:05:25 PDT 2009

Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin <devel-ofed at morey-chaisemartin.com> wrote:

> This patch goes on Linus' tree (or ROland's Infiniband tree on kernel.org)
> Moreover, I was wondering what are the differences between Infiniband in Linus' and in
> OFED's tree? I'm a bit lost between all the backport / kernel patches plus git patches
> which are on one side but not the other...

Many of the patches applied by ofed are were never reviewed nor
submitted for acceptance and I think this speaks for itself. You have
mentioned that you use 2.6.29 - may I ask what makes you work with
ofed and not with the upstream IB bits? please note that the mainline
IB drivers are compatible with the user space libraries installed
through the distro and/or ofed.

Or.