[ofa-general] Re: How to tell what OFED rev a distro derived IB modules?

Jack Morgenstein jackm at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 28 01:01:37 PDT 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 19:55, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> OFED tests the past - back ports to old distributions and a random
> non-upstream collection of patches ontop of that. That is fine for end
> users, but..

That is not quite the case.  We do test regression on the base kernel of
a given OFED distribution (That is -- on a system which runs the base kernel,
but installing OFED, which does include kernel_patches/fixes), so we do
verify that OFED does run properly on its base kernel.  We are not testing
just the past.

- Jack