[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** Re: IB Bonding errors with recent kernel

Moni Shoua monis at Voltaire.COM
Wed Apr 29 23:29:28 PDT 2009

Dennis Portello wrote:
> Hi Moni,
>
> Thank you for looking into this. The discovery of multicast not working
> with bonding caused a major course correction in my project, I haven't
> checked emails from the list in a few days. I expect to verify if
> bonding works as you described later this week.

Please let me know how it  goes
> Unfortunately, bonding as you described will not work in my situation
> since we use Ethernet bonding as well.
I'm not sure I understand why bonding won't work. The only limitation for bonding
is that you can't enslave slaves of different types under the same master. However,
you can have several masters, each with a different types.
The issue of multicast that isn't working for you has has an easy workaround.