[ofa-general] Manipulating Credits in Infiniband

Ashwath Narasimhan nashwath at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:11:22 PDT 2009

Hi,
I looked into the infiniband driver files. As I understand, in order to
limit the data rate we manipulate the credits on either ends. Since the
number of credits available depends on the receiver's work receive queue
size, I decided to limit the queue size to say 5 instead of 8192
(reference---> ipoib.h, IPOIB_MAX_QUEUE_SIZE to say 3 since my higher layer
protocol is ipoib). I just want to confirm if I am doing the right thing?

--
regards,
Ashwath